This "green juice" is made from grapes made in the Hye Estate Vineyard. Pressed and settled. No filtration or fining."Verjus is an ingredient to the world's wine-producing regions that is used in sauce making, for poaching fish and meat, and to dress lettuces, vegetables and fruit. Unlike wine, verjus is not fermented, and is not alcoholic, meaning that its use in a salad dressing or sauce will not interfere with the flavor of the accompanying drinking wine."
We have found some recipes for you all to enjoy!
Ingredients:12 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
2 cloves Garlic
1 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes
¾ lb Spinach
4 Tbsps Butter
3 Tbsps All-Purpose Flour
½ cup Roasted Walnuts
¼ cup Verjus
- Wash and dry the fresh produce. Heat a medium pot of salted water to boiling on high. Peel and medium dice the potatoes. Roughly chop the spinach. Peel and thinly slice the shallot. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Quarter and de-seed the lemon. Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Place the flour on a plate. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper on both sides. Thoroughly coat the seasoned chicken in the flour (tapping off any excess). Transfer to a separate plate. In a large pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Working in 2 batches, add the coated chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through. Leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan, transfer to a plate.
- While the chicken cooks, add the potatoes to the pot of boiling water. Cook 13 to 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Turn off the heat. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Add half the butter; season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, mash to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside in a warm place.
- Add the spinach, shallot and garlic to the pan of reserved fond; season with salt and pepper. (If the pan seems dry, add a drizzle of olive oil.) Cook on medium-high, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant and the spinach has wilted.
- Add the cooked chicken, verjus and ¼ cup of water to the pan; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally and spooning the sauce over the chicken, 2 to 3 minutes, or until the liquid is slightly reduced in volume. Add the remaining butter and the juice of 2 lemon wedges. Cook, stirring occasionally and spooning the sauce over the chicken, 1 to 2 minutes, or until thoroughly combined and the chicken is coated. Turn off the heat. Stir in the walnuts and the juice of the remaining lemon wedges. Season with salt and pepper to taste.