Extend your wine tasting into a virtual family night with the perfect wines and a few original recipes from our Executive Chef Josh Tye, that will go with your virtual tasting pack. Along with a tin of Jaquez Wine Port Salt for the first 100 purchasers, which is made from our Jacquez wine and is featured as the finishing ingredient in one of the recipes!
Virtual Tasting Recording:
2" Bone-In Pork Chops (pairs with 2017 Mourvèdre, Bingham Family Vineyards)
Ingredients:Brine (see below)
Jacquez Port Wine Salt
DIY Steak & Chop blend (equal parts dried garlic, salt, pepper)
2-inch bone-in pork chops
2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp butter
Brine:1 gallon water
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 cup salt
2 cups of ice to cool
4 cloves smashed garlic
- Add all brine ingredients except for ice into a 4 qt sauce pan and heat only until salt dissolves.
- Add ice to chill and place pork in brine for 2-3 hrs at room temp or 6 hrs in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 300 °F (148.89 °C)
- Remove pork from brine, pat dry and rub outside of pork with dijon mustard, and DIY Steak & Chop blend.
- Grill over medium heat for 7 minutes each side (instructions on video, available at williamchriswines.com/blog).
- Finish in oven at 300° until instant read thermometer reads 145 °F.
- Top with 1 tbsp butter.
- Let rest 10 minutes covered before cutting or serving.
- Finish with Jacquez Port Wine Salt.
Video of recipe:
Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake (pairs with 2015 Tannat, Lahey Vineyards)
8 oz 70% bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
12 Tbsp (6 oz) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
4 large eggs
1⁄2 cup (3 1⁄2 oz) granulated sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Adjust a rack to the middle of the oven.
2. Butter 6-4oz ramekins.
3. Put the Chocolate and butter in a metal or glass bowl over barely simmering water. Stir occasionally
until melted. Remove from the heat.
4. Place the eggs, sugar and salt in a bowl of a mixer, whip at medium high speed until light and fluffy,
about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add the chocolate, mix until combined. Spoon into the
prepared cups and place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are set but the center is underdone. Let cool 3 minutes before serving.
Thank you for sharing a piece of our world.