Grilled Asparagus Salad Recipe
April 29, 2022
I cooked this recipe once and then ate it every night the rest of the week with a different wine -- it is SO white and rosé-friendly, just make sure to pick a richer style to stand up to the powerful flavors in this dish!
1 lbs. medium asparagus (trim the ends)
4 large eggs
1 yellow squash cut into coins
2 handfuls arugula or other leafy green
2 tbs butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Kosher salt and black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons of olive oil together with the red wine vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
2. Heat an indoor or outdoor grill over medium high heat. Toss the asparagus and squash with the remaining olive oil and season.
3. Transfer the vegetables to the grill and grill for 5-6 minutes until the asparagus is just tender and the squash has grill marks.
4. Remove from the grill and set aside. Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
5. Toss together the dressing and the arugula in a large bowl and season. Add the squash and asparagus and toss to combine.
6. Finally, heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the eggs, sunny side up, until the white part is firm but the yolk still runny, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Divide the salad evenly among 4 plates, top each with a fried egg and serve immediately.
8. Pour everyone a glass of wine!!!
This recipe is featured in our 2022 SPRINGTIME PAIRING GUIDE. To receive these directly, become a WCV Insider by submitting your email at the bottom of the page!