Extend your wine tasting afternoon into a date night with an original recipe from our Executive Chef Josh Tye, along with a tin of Jaquez Wine Port Salt, which is made from our Jacquez wine and is featured as the finishing ingredient in this recipe!
- Brine (see below)
- Jacquez Port Wine Salt
- DIY Steak & Chop blend (equal parts dried garlic, salt, pepper)
- 2-inch bone-in pork chops
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups of ice to cool
- 4 cloves smashed garlic
- Add all brine ingredients except for ice into a 4 qt sauce pan and heat only until salt dissolves.
- Add ice to chill and place pork in brine for 2-3 hrs at room temp or 6 hrs in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 300 °F (148.89 °C)
- Remove pork from brine, pat dry and rub outside of pork with dijon mustard, and DIY Steak & Chop blend.
- Grill over medium heat for 7 minutes each side (instructions on video, available at williamchriswines.com/blog).
- Finish in oven at 300° until instant read thermometer reads 145 °F.
- Top with 1 tbsp butter.
- Let rest 10 minutes covered before cutting or serving.
- Finish with Jacquez Port Wine Salt.
Video of recipe: